What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
For general data protection regulation purposes, the “data controller” means the person or organization who decides the purposes for which and the way in which any personal data is processed. The Data Controller is the company “#tag ATHENS ”, Address: 16 Athanasiou Diakou str, 11742, Athens, Greece, email: [email protected], website: tagathens.com. “#tag ATHENS ”, as a Data Controller, is bound by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
When submitting forms on our website we use a third-party software provider for automated data collection and processing purposes, they will not use your data for any purposes and will only hold the data in line with our policy on data retention.
Photos and Videos
I agree to grant the sponsors of these tours and trips a worldwide, royalty-free license to use my photographic, video, or digital likeness solely for promotional, educational, and/or commercial purposes.
We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of extra information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and cut fraud and credit risk.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
#tag ATHENS may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
- We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To manage product reviews and ratings
- We may use third party service providers to help us manage product reviews and ratings left by Users.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
How long will we hold your data for?
Personal data processed for any purpose(s) shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose(s). We will hold your data in our back office system stored and you will have the opportunity to opt out or update or delete data at any point should you need to do so by contacting us.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. To opt out please email: [email protected]
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right of access, commonly referred to as subject access, gives individuals the right to obtain a copy of their personal data as well as other supplementary information. It helps individuals to understand how and why you are using their data, and check you are doing it lawfully.
- The right to rectification. Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified. An individual may also be able to have incomplete personal data completed – although this will depend on the purposes for the processing. This may involve providing a supplementary statement to the incomplete data.
- The right to erasure: Individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you originally collected or processed it for.
- you are relying on consent as your lawful basis for holding the data, and the individual withdraws their consent;
- you are relying on legitimate interests as your basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- you are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and the individual objects to that processing;
- you have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
- you have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- You have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
- The right to restrict processing. This means that an individual can limit the way that an organization uses their data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of their data. Individuals have the right to restrict the processing of their personal data where they have a particular reason for wanting the restriction. This may be because they have issues with the content of the information you hold or how you have processed their data. In most cases you will not be required to restrict an individual’s personal data indefinitely, but will need to have the restriction in place for a certain period of time.
- The right to data portability gives individuals the right to receive personal data they have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives them the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
- The right to object to the processing of their personal data. This effectively allows individuals to ask you to stop processing their personal data.
Security precautions in place about data collected
When you give us personal information, we take steps to make sure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and when you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.